Summer Activities Programme
One of the key priorities for the Rossendale Children's Trust has been supporting the planning, co-ordination and delivery of a wide range of activities for children and young people of all ages and abilities underpinned by Every Child Matters outcomes during the summer holidays.
In order to promote the activities programme, a summer fun supplement was produced giving details of all the activities. This was distributed to every home in the Borough as an insert in the Rossendale Alive, the Council newsletter and issued through schools, family centres and other agencies.
The programme provided:
- Over 260 different daily sessions.
- 26 different weekly activity camps from cricket camps, family theatre weeks, learning to Ski, play schemes for children with learning difficulties & disabilities and Rookie Lifeguard.
- Offered activities at 33 different venues across the borough.
- Provided girls and boys only session.
- 4 week play scheme for children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Wrap around childcare at 3 of the play schemes for Children from 4 to 11 and at cricket camps.
- Crèche at family based activities.
- Split age activities at same venue to cater for a range of age in one venue.
- Provided over 60 family sessions.
Referrals to social care in Rossendale dropped by 60% during the period of the holiday activities.
Back to News