Preston Children's Trust VCFS Forum
Preston Children's Trust Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector (VCFS) Forum brings together a diverse range of VCFS organisations working with children, young people and families.
About 20 organisations, ranging from large national charities such as Barnardo's to small local groups like Fishwick Rangers, are actively and regularly involved in the activities of the Forum. The aim of the Forum is to increase VCFS engagement in the Children and Young People's Trust, share good practice and promote and support VCFS services which contribute towards achieving the CYPP priorities.
What worked well...
The Forum's Family Workforce Conference held in October last year brought together over 50 participants. Public sector, including LCC and Preston's neighbourhood management and voluntary and community sector came together to learn more about developing the 'total family' approach, share good practice and learn from each other to improve services to families and children.
The Policy Advisor at National Association for Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA) was the guest speaker at the Family Workforce VCFS Information Event. The Conference also explored the current difficult economic climate, and how we could work together to do more with less and minimise negative impact on the families who rely on our services.
Fifty participants attended the conference. Here are some of the comments made by those who attended the event:
- "useful finding out about what issues other agencies are dealing with and their plans for coping"
- "good update on where VCFS is at the moment"
- "it is necessary to know what is going on to survive the recession/spending review cuts and its effects on small voluntary organisations"
- "Q & A thought-provoking"
- "Networking - great source of information"
- "Just coming together today and knowing what's out there - networking"
Back to News