Workshop on the Lancashire Youth Homeless Strategy
LCTP colleagues are invited to attend an afternoon consultation workshop on the Lancashire Youth Homeless Strategy, please follow the link for further details and application form
A Lancashire joint protocol for homeless 16 and 17 year olds has been developed by representatives of Local Authority Children's Services and District Authority Housing Services. To further support this agenda a Lancashire Youth Homeless Strategy is being developed, addressing the accommodation needs of vulnerable young people across the county.
To progress both these areas of work, 12 district events have been scheduled. Each event is divided into a morning training session on the joint protocol and an afternoon session for a consultation workshop on the Lancashire Youth Homeless Strategy.
The target audience for the morning (joint protocol) training event is team leaders and frontline staff from initial assessment teams, housing advice services, Young People's Service IAG, YOT and VCFS colleagues.
The target audience for the afternoon (strategy) consultation is Children's Services and Housing Services Operations/Service Managers and Children's Trust partners and colleagues.
All morning events will commence at 9.45 am. Lunch will be available for colleagues attending the morning training events.
All afternoon events will commence at 1.30 pm.
- 02 September, South Ribble - Wellington Park
- 03 September, Ribble Valley - Alston Hall
- 07 September, Wyre - Garstang Golf Club
- 09 September, Preston - Westleigh Conference Centre
- 14 September, Hyndburn - The Globe Centre
- 16 September, Rossendale - St Mary's Chambers
- 17 September, Lancaster - Hornby Institute
- 23 September, West Lancashire - Edge Hill
- 24 September, Chorley - Woodlands
- 29 September, Pendle - Nelson Town Hall
- 30 September, Fylde - Lowther Pavilion
- 01 October, Burnley - Burnley Mechanics
Please could colleagues wishing to attend complete the appropriate application form (attached) and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 25th August 2010.
If events are oversubscribed, places will be allocated to ensure we have proportional representation from service areas. Further documentation will be circulated with event confirmation details.